I've been wanting to write about l-o-v-e for awhile because it's funny how God has been teaching me so much about this word, "love". As it is a new year and looking back on the past year, I see how God has taught me many things, and it all came down to the true definition of love. This post isn't about defining love for you because I'm still in the process of learning, but God's been revealing so much more on what it means to truly love. The true love that God exemplifies is so indescribable because we don't deserve it. "While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Do you see that word while? Not after, but during, while, and throughout us being sinners, he died on the cross for OUR sins.
Through this great example of love, I still have a hard time to truly love others because I can't seem to grasp the concept of love others "while" they did this or that to us. I'm just trying to learn to straight out just love on people for who they are. That line sounds so cliche to me because that's what I grew up with. I grew up with being taught to love genuinely and I really thought I was loving unconditionally until God set me straight and continually showed examples after examples of His love. His abounding and genuine love.
In 2010, God taught me what love really was and now this new year I hope to be proactive about spreading love. I've already wanted to give up. How many days has it been, like 3 days, but my good friend reminded me "love comes with heartbreaks and its not going to be a easy ride."
Lord, only my life guided by your Spirit may these things be possible.
I'm excited yet scared for this new year because I am in for a year of many changes and adventures. Ecuador, graduation, and real life, here I come!
No comments:
Post a Comment