I remember growing up feeling so insecure and seeking for love in any place that I could. My dad was and is a great dad, but he was always so busy providing for our family and he didn't know how to love. I learned very recently that my grandpa didn't know how to express his love to his children (including my dad) due to growing up in an orphanage. I always blamed it on Korean culture of men being so emotionless and stern, but there was a deeper reason for that. Through my highschool years, I wanted acceptance from anyone I could find like church leaders, friends, and guys. I just wanted someone to listen and to feel cared for.
It wasn't until college when I heard the message of our Heavenly Father. I remember breaking down because I just felt so unloveable, empty and alone, but God showed me that His love never left me. That I, for all these years, tried to find satisfaction and love in all these places, but that He was standing by me waiting for me to embrace Him. He whispered to me although your earthly father may not have loved you in that way that you needed, I never left you. I, your Heavenly Father, have always been here and will always be. Not only did I heal in those places, but I was able to forgive my dad for misunderstanding him and for holding a grudge against him. God has restored our relationship, and it's still a growing process.
We need to pray for people to know the love of our Father and for men to rise up to lead by example. We need men of God to become mentors and leaders for this fatherless generation to get a glimpse of the love of our Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment