Back in Chi-city, CHICAGO!
It really did feel surreal when I was boarding on the plane to head back home. I mean it did take 12 hours till I got home, but I was still on my way home.
Being back...basically first two weeks I had MAJOR jet lag. I kept falling asleep on the couch, floor, or bed for hours at a time then wake up at 5am. I also indulged everything I missed while in Korea and with the spoiling of my mom's cooking, I have put on some pounds! ugh, oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts.
It was the first time in a long while that I spent a lot of time with my family, so its been really good. There won't be much time to spend together in the future, so we treasured while it lasted. Also, seeing friends was good. It felt like I never left, but at the same time I feel like so much has changed. If you travel you know what I'm talking about when...in your mind, you think it's going to be just the way you left it because that's the last of your memory with them. BUT you go back and life has happened without you in it.
Things I miss about Korea though....the convenient public transportation. I really despise driving now especially not always having a car to use. The blessed church I went to. I miss a church community. My students! Although they were a handful, I still think about them a lot and actually miss yelling for their attention. I miss Busan. Being spoiled with beautiful Busan to spend the weekends at, I am so bored with the flat land and not much nature here in Chicago.
That's my ramblings for today....I'll be heading to west coast: LA and Seattle for the next three weeks, so see ya later!
1 comment:
Can't wait to see you!! Safe travels!
Post a Comment