Sunday, July 15, 2012

Seriously??

two of my sweetest students
Oh my goodness! A week from tomorrow is my last day of teaching at my school, and then I leave for Chicago on August 1. I wouldn't necessarily say that time has flown by, but I can't believe the time is here already! It's definitely bittersweet. My experience teaching English to this small school in the countryside stretched me a lot and wasn't something I looked forward to everyday, but the students have stolen my heart. We have gotten closer and class time has become of a more relaxed, fun environment to learn English. I told them last week that I wouldn't be returning for their next semester, and I had mixed responses. Some said, "Teacher, then where's my present?? Party?!?" Others said, "No, teacher don't leave!" while others sat there with no expression. I will miss my students a lot because I know they are what society classifies as "difficult", but they just need consistent role models and some loving. I will pray for them and think of them a lot! 

As I prepare to end this season in my life, I am preparing myself for the next adventure/journey. As I don't have many details set, I won't reveal on here what the next chapter in my life is just yet. Just keep me in your prayers that everything will go smoothly and that I will be obedient to God's will for me. I'm excited for what's to come! 

I'll be back to Chicago on August 1st and will most likely be squeezing in a visit to LA sometime in Aug or Sept, so let's meet up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment