Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Refocus

As my previous post mentioned that we have been on the road for about 8 weeks, as we almost reach our 9 week mark. It's crazy to think how long we've been on the road, journeying through different places all around the United States and Canada, jumping from house to house. Being on the road for this long for this cause, honestly, has made me become a little burnt out. Everything became so routine and the issue of North Korea started to not phase me anymore. THAT is where I lost my focus. I forgot why I was doing this. Everything became about me, me and even more of me. I became so self-centered on little things that I just forgot why I am doing what I'm doing.

some of the North Korean refugees
 that LiNK rescued
Today, as I watched the video we always show at every presentation, it hit me differently. I remembered that people don't even know about North Korea. Do people know that there are people living without freedoms? Can we as Americans even think of what "living without freedoms" even means? It's hard. I remembered why I want to bring awareness. Because there isn't enough awareness. Because people are suffering. Because they are also our brothers and sisters. Because....because....God has given me a heart for North Korea.

How could I forget? How could I have been so selfish? I never again want to lose focus of praying, helping, and doing whatever I can for people suffering in North Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment