Sunday, May 1, 2011

One week ago...

Now, as I've been back home for exactly a week now, there are no more "good-byes", but more "miss yous". People ask me how is it to be back, and I don't know what to tell them. I'm caught in between two worlds and two cultures that I don't know what I should be feeling about my experience in Ecuador and being back in the States. It also might be due the fact that I went against what was advised by Christy or Bryan, and I didn't really "relax" all week until now. I went straight into visiting friends at Trinity and Restoration Ministries, the organization I volunteered at for their after-school program. I went day to day observing the changes that have happened while I was gone and enjoying seeing faces I have not seen for so long. I also started a part-time job as a tutor at an afterschool program for high school students that are from low economic backgrounds.

Here I was today, for the first time since being back, finally sitting back and thinking of my experiences: holding onto those names that will be engraved on my heart, looking back all the great memories that have happened, and wondering what everyone must be doing right now.

All the memories and experiences hold dear to my heart, but I am just struggling on how to produce "fruit" from my whole experience. How am I using this experience to benefit others and share the blessings that I've received?

No comments:

Post a Comment