Wednesday, February 16, 2011

dependency...

I like to believe I´m a pretty independent person, but God has been challenging me to be depend on him and to fully trust. Since being at homestays, I have dreaded getting on the bus, trole, or taxi because of the long distance it seems to take to get anywhere. Without the comforts of hopping into my car and driving to and from somewhere, also with the thought of possibly getting pickpocketed, shakes me up sometimes. I can´t depend on my own time and safety anymore, but on Ecuador´s culture and transportation system. Also, with my internship situation kind of being complicated, I´ve had to depend on people to help me find another. I´ve had to learn to be dependent on people that God has put in my life, while I also am learning to trust in his plans for me. A friend shared, "The more fear I tolerate, the more the Spirit contaminates." It´s been a good reminder for me to let go of my own plans, and put it in His arms.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails."

No comments:

Post a Comment