Thursday, May 11, 2017
I'm always going to be different
Numerous conversations at work start like this..."Have you ever considered studying to become a teacher?" I have to go into this long explanation that I'm happy with where I'm at. So...I don't really make sense to people. I have my bachelor's degree, but I've taken this job that doesn't need a degree to work with difficult children. That's what others see, so they throw suggestions in my direction. I'm content with where I'm at. God has me where I'm at and I'm fine with it. I choose to find joy in the present even if it may seem hard at moments. My calling has always been to love on children that need love, and I've never known how that looked. That's why I went to study social work, but realized my passion for foster children was for what I desire in my future family. I teach English in South Korea, and God placed such beautiful, yet broken children. He trusted me with their care for 6 months in the rural countryside of South Korea. Through my experiences, I've learned to take on step at a time and follow God's guidance. He knows what He's doing. I don't know the journey He has me on, but its right where I'm at. Although every day may consist of getting cursed at with disgusting profanity, I choose to believe that God has me here to love on His beloved, precious children. Even when others may think of them as unloveable, we are still called to love on them as He loved us. Take a moment to check yourself. There are times that we do horrible things toward God. We abuse His love, His grace, ignore Him, and forget Him, yet He still loves us as His children REGARDLESS. We are so undeserving, but He still does love on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment