It's been awhile. A long while and let's say a lot has changed.
When you think you know the direction and path your taking, but almost getting slapped in the face with the reality that you're going the WRONG way!! Yup, my story right there. So...remember when I told you I was going to go to Korea? That I was planning to live there for awhile? Well, yeah that didn't and won't be happening. I always knew I had a calling to go to Korea to do North Korea work, so I took this time to create that plan for myself. I was so set on going to Korea, but kept getting discouraged at the turn of events. Don't get me wrong, I know my calling is for Korea (whether its North or South or both ;) and that my heart, but God gently whispered, "Your time isn't now."
So after finding out, I literally spent couple days as a zombie. I was like What? I'm not going to Korea? What am I supposed to be doing then? I felt like I sat there with my mouth hanging for awhile in complete confusion.
But God, I'm not ready to be here in Chicago and pursue the dreams I have just yet. I was going to go to Korea and.........
JUST TRUST IN ME! IN YOUR WEAKNESS, MY POWER WILL SHINE. I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS.
So here I was without a clue what to do and long story short...you are now looking at a Chicago city host for an urban missions organization called Center for Student Missions (CSM). I will be hosting/guiding junior high to college students in their mission trips to Chicago joining them in their journey of discovering God's heart for Chicago and the inner city. From helping at soup kitchens to helping at the Chicago Public Schools, teams are encouraged to listen to the stories of the people in Chicago. Although it's only a short term position, but how great is this opportunity to share the love God has for Chicago to others?! Through meeting different people to living in intentional community with my co-workers, I can't wait to start and to explore the city God has put on my heart a long time ago.
It's a new beginning of what God has in store for my journey in Chicago, as I continue to yearn for a deeper, intimate relationship with our steadfast Father.
Keep me in your prayers :]
No comments:
Post a Comment