Saturday, October 13, 2012

My hope

I've had a lot of time to think, as I am currently jobless with not much to do. Times of thinking led to rediscovering my passions that have been on my heart for many years. As I know right now isn't the time, because I know God is calling me to South Korea now, but I know my heart belongs to the youth in the inner city.  I just had a taste of working with the youth throughout college through an afterschool program in a low-income area along with helping out at camps for inner city youth and foster children, but it's not enough. I wasn't satisfied, and still am not, with serving a few hours or a few days out of the year to care for these youth then going home as if my life is set apart from theirs. I can't wait for the gospel to become real through full-time ministry and sharing life together. Although nothing is certain, it is My Hope, My Dream.


Photo: Lizabeth stole my heart four years ago when I started volunteering at this afterschool program.  Behind their sassy and tough attitudes are genuine smiles and innocent hearts opening up when gaining their trust 󾬕󾬕󾬕 http://instagr.am/p/P_LlVBIy4G/
Lizabeth stole my heart four years ago when I started volunteering at this afterschool program. Behind their sassy and tough attitudes are genuine smiles and innocent hearts opening up when gaining their trust


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Rachel J. Lee said...

You both have a beautiful smile.

Rachel J. Lee said...

I love His plans for us. He knows our desires and hungers. :)

Post a Comment