Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weekend adventures

As I've been busy with teaching and making lesson plans during the week, I try to make the most of  my weekends when I can. One of the biggest cherry blossom festivals is near my town, so my friend, Roxanne, and I checked it out. The flowers weren't even in full bloom, but it was such a beautiful sight to see. There were so many people, and it was such a beautiful day out too.

On one of our days off, couple of my friends and I went on an adventure to a Buddhist temple that has a great view. It's right along the coast of Busan, so it was breathtaking to see God's creation. It was supposed to rain, but the weather cleared up as we got there. Here are some pictures!

Like two weeks ago, I got to spend a week in Seoul. It was about a relaxing 4 hour bus ride. As I got there, I forgot how different Seoul is compared to different parts of Korea. It's so much more crowded like on the subway and buses. If you aren't used to it, the lack of personal space becomes a surprising reality. The term "excuse me" or "sorry" does not apply when people shove and push you on the street or subway, especially older Korean ladies (ahjummas). hahaha it will take a bit getting used to. 

Regardless of how crazy Seoul was for me, it was great to see people I haven't seen in awhile. I got to reconnect with a friend from Cerritos, CA, who used to play on the same volleyball team with me freshman year of highschool. Also, saw my old youth pastor, a friend from LiNK, old friend from Chicago,and a friend/oppa that I knew from Trinity Christian! A great weekend spent... (:
With Philip oppas soon-to-be-wife! :) 
fellow LiNKster, Sarah :)
Haerie and Pastor Mike's daughter! :)
Myeongdong, shopping area in Seoul


No comments:

Post a Comment