As I'm on the road though, it's been a struggle to continue engulfing myself in the Word and prayer. I've made lame excuses and tiredness to stray away from what I should be doing. But as much as I seem to push aside God out of this blessing of an experience, He is just so real even more throughout my "nomadic" journey across the Pacific Northwest. Let alone the beauty in the scenery that we have experienced screams God's creation and the people we have encountered that has spoke truth into my life through their life stories and their actions.
I came across a blurb I wrote in my journal couple years ago about what I read in the Book of Isaiah. Isaiah 2:4 says," The Lord will mediate between nations and will settle international disputes. They will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer fight against nation, nor train for war anymore." *snap snap* It says the Lord will settle international disputes! I get excited reading more and more of Isaiah and the correlation I find with North Korea.I want to continue reading more of Isaiah because I haven't read it enough, but I'm excited. Care to join me?
Please pray for...
-My heart to still be broken for the people of North Korea and that I would not be immune/hardened to the issue
-Our team's health and safety while being on the road
-To be reminded that everything I do would not be for my own self
Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console, to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

No comments:
Post a Comment